Friday, December 6, 2013

EXO Showtime ! Episode 1 Thoughts


EXO Reality Show??


So, after taking a break from following my children, EXO, I had a little catching up to do. I caught up with their new album, any variety show they starred in etc. But when I heard that they were going to star in their own reality show, I nearly went insane!

How many times will they ask what their diets are like??
It's only fair that SM Entertainment (the company they are signed under) would give us a EXO Reality Show. What with the endless teasers, holding back on the debut date, lack of guest starring of various shows, we totally deserve this. The only time we'd see EXO promoting themselves was on a whole bunch of dry talk show interviews which generally had the same questions and sort of dragged on and on. As a big EXO fan, having known about them since they were announced to be debuted, even I couldn't bear to watch the hour long talk shows that seemed to take forever. I wanted something juicy and entertaining. I wanted EXO to reveal their true selves through actions and not just words. 


During their comeback in 2013, SM allowed EXO to be on funny variety shows such as Happy Camp (though they went on this last year) and Running Man (Oh how I loved Running Man! It was so funny). SM gave EXO more liberty in being themselves and goofing off. Now I'm getting to see what I've been craving ever since Kai's first teaser came out!
Kai dressed up in an Angry Bird Costume on Happy Camp

The reality show is just icing on the cake!

The show is called "EXO Showtime" and is basically going to follow EXO and reveal how they are when they aren't all dolled up and performing on stage.

I hadn't been able to watch the first episode when it came out because of homework and other obligations, but I finally watched it when I woke up late last Wednesday and didn't go to school (it wasn't on purpose PROMISE!)

I wasn't so sure what I was expecting, I only know EXO through interviews and tumblr fan pages. Usually, on a reality show, they do sort of an introduction and dive in slowly. It mostly focuses on making sure we know who we are watching.

The Episode opens up with the members coming out of their vans with "Let out the Beast" playing in the background. The music totally made me anxious to watch more. Good job to the editors for making my heart going crazy just by listening to that song! Very matching song "Let out the Beast" because you're letting out EXO from their vans. I see whatcha did thar...




Cute Puppy getting in the way of the shot!
"Eu-reu-rong" Which means "Growl" and happens to be the title of their latest Music Video!! 
So The Episode is introduced as the "EXO Prologue" meaning I was right in thinking about introductions...

Anyway, the members enter a room with a giant table, snacks on the right, and a flat screen. Oh and a bookshelf... This is very curious, it's leaving me curious. (I'M SO CURIOUS YEAH!) 

The first person to appear is Chanyeol! And what does he do? He automatically goes to the snack table. I had totally called it, he's such a funny guy that it was expected.

The members are just as lost as we are. They are roaming the room, observing it and waiting to see what will happen. Of course I would too. The other members (besides Chanyeol and Luhan who are to caught up in.the snacks) decide whether to sit or not. Just then a message appears on the screen of the TV cuing them to "sit where ever they like." Luhan, who was walking past the screen as the message appeared looked most startled. Oh no what did I do?!?! 

Of course Chanyeol makes a joke by sitting on top of the table.


  The members then proceed with seating arrangements making sure to leave the middle spot open for their leader Suho, knowing how he loves to sit in the middle....Kris on the other hand just sits at the end corner of the table. How interesting, I would've just sat "wherever I like" without thinking about other people!

I'm not going through the whole episode exactly as it turned out. However it was super entertaining. The members got to answer questions by fans which led to interesting activities such as picking out the feature that it unique to each member and having a chicken eating competition to see who'd win the title of "Chicken Maniac."

What I love about the show is that you are able to tell how each person's character is, without (as far as I know) too much manipulation or limitation. You definitely are able to now put a personality on their beautiful faces. I'm excited to watch the next episode to see what they will reveal to us next!


Full first episode of EXO's Showtime with English Subtitles! :






No comments:

Post a Comment